http://www.cs.unm.edu/~joel/PaperFoldingFractal/paper.html
Heinz-Otto Peitgen of the CeVis Research Centre at the University of Bremen, in Germany, gave a lecture about the paper folding principle in 1994. This Principe is a good way for explaining Fractal Geometry. Also I found several books and Videos about this topic.
- Peitgen, H.-O., Jürgens, H., Saupe, D.: Chaos and Fractals, Springer-Velag New York, inc., 1992
- Peitgen, H.-O., Richter, P.: The Beauty of Fractals, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, 1986
- Peitgen, H.-O., Saupe, D.: The Science of Fractal Images, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1988
- Gary William Flake: The Computational Beauty of Nature, The MIT Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts 1999
I found this lecture when I was searching for a way explaining Fractal art without mathematic.
SO the paper folding principle is a good way to explain it because it is a visual way to show how it works.
On this page is it explained how the dragon fractal works with the folding principle: http://www.cs.unm.edu/~joel/PaperFoldingFractal/construct.html
No comments:
Post a Comment